Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JakeMicrosoft
Advocate I
Advocate I

Export to PDF doesnt work with page size anymore

Hi,

Since today, maybe an update? It does no longer export 816px x 1056px anymore. It will create a pdf, and just cut off the entire right side. Last week i made the report and it worked just fine. (for over 2 years it worked just fine) any idea's what could have happen, nothing has changed other then the values. (i hit refresh) 

Please help asap as this report need to be out today. Are there any other options to export this to pdf?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JakeMicrosoft ,

Please try update the Microsoft  Edge webview2 runtime to see if it works.

Steps: Go to 'Add or Remove Programs' then search for Webview and click on Modify. Then select the option to 'Repair' and it will update it to the latest version. Note that you will need admin rights to install the latest version.

vtangjiemsft_0-1698812478951.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Neeko Tang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JakeMicrosoft ,

Please try update the Microsoft  Edge webview2 runtime to see if it works.

Steps: Go to 'Add or Remove Programs' then search for Webview and click on Modify. Then select the option to 'Repair' and it will update it to the latest version. Note that you will need admin rights to install the latest version.

vtangjiemsft_0-1698812478951.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Neeko Tang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

smquerido
Advocate I
Advocate I

Problem solved after the new update of WebView2 Runtime, today.

nbca23
Regular Visitor

Good Morning, can someone try and replicate the Export to PDF?  I tried this morning on one report and there was no zoom feature. Worked as expected by exporting from Desktop directly.  Trying another report but wanted to see if the community is good too

It is still not working for me.  Looking to see if I can update PowerBI Desktop.

Did you try restarting your system?  That worked on our side

It worked for me too! 

nbca23
Regular Visitor

Excellent! I had another user test as well (he has the Jun 2022 version) and at first it did not work. He then restarted his system and worked fine!!

dcorentin
Advocate I
Advocate I

Any update from Microsoft on the Issue? Its very strange because I did not update Power BI and this problem just started yesterday!

yi7549

Same here in S.Korea!

It worked fine yesterday, but not today. I hope Microsoft solves this issue quickly!!

And, yes, if export to PDF from the cloud service, it works correctly.
However, I prefer to do it from the Desktop to avoid the complexity of multiple steps.

Thanks!

smquerido
Advocate I
Advocate I

WebView2 Runtime Update to version 118.0.2088.61 is the problem. I hope that a new update may solve this issue.

How does the Webview Runtime get updated? How can I check my version?

jmvc

Good morning from Spain,

Same here! Yesterday worked fine but today not.

I won´t never understand why when they change something there is no test first to check that everything works properly.

I hope Microsoft solves this issue quickly!

Cheers!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The same thing is happening to me, I've never had any problems before.

I did the PDF export from the cloud service and it was correct, it only changed a few font sizes. I hope it helps.

Yeah, all other visuals (I have about 32 pages and on average 20 visuals per page) were fine. I don't even know how PDF layered it

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Well that's way better than having to export the pages one at a time.

it really is! I still don't know how this update happened if the version is Jul 2023. unless this is like gaming and was really a "patch"

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@nbca23 

If you export the whole thing to PowerPoint they display correctly?

They did.  Not enlarged (which of course is the main issue identified in this thread. Which so glad because I was thinking it was my system. Reboot did not resolve).  Also, with the export to PPT (embed as image) then PDF it was all good!  

nbca23
Regular Visitor

Hi there - I am seeing the same thing.  I had to publish and then PDF from there.  Actually, that is not entirely correct. A couple of my visuals have a banner and when exported to PDF it layered over the visual, which is not layered in the UI or Service. So i had to export to PPT and then PDF. If my version is Jul 2023 (Version: 2.119.870.0 64-bit (July 2023)), then how did this get updated?  Might you know @JakeMicrosoft 

grobaina

I adjust the zoom in 70%  and when exporting it returns to 100%

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.