Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Andrewlai
Regular Visitor

Export data to excel - how to show "Measure in the row" instead of column?

Hello,

I have already setup measure in the row level in Power BI. However, when I export data to Excel (already chose data with current layout), the measure still cannot be in the row level in Excel. Do you have any suggestion on this issue?

Andrewlai_0-1663472989475.png

Thank you,

Andrew 

3 REPLIES 3
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Andrewlai 

I donot think there is any other way to extract the data alongwith Measures!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Andrewlai 

When export data with this option only Data will get transferred to Excel. Measure will not appear

you can use another option analyse in excel whcih will show all measures in the pivot table field panel (but not the measure syntax)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi VijayP,

Thank you for the suggestion. However, it will not be user friendly for users that they need to arrange the measure again in the Excel pivot table using Analyse in Excel. Is there any other ways (third party software) that can export the same format as in Power BI Desktop? 

Thank you.

Andrew

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.