Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aflintdepm
Helper III
Helper III

Event in Progress with Criteria

I am creating a report using the 'event in progress' model to calculate patient census on any given day.  However, I would like to then slice the daily census based on other criteria.  

For example, I want to get a count of all admitted patients that have no visits scheduled.  When I tried to do this with a basic countrows formula, I only got the patients who STARTED on my filtered date. I need patients who were ACTIVE on my filtered date.

aflintdepm_1-1663467167814.png

I'm sure this is related to the relationship between my data table and my date table, but I'm fairly new to setting up relationships.  

I'm thinking that I can take my exisitng event in progress formula here:

aflintdepm_0-1663466886319.png

create a new measure, and add a filter for 'Scheduled visits = 0' ?

I'm just not sure how to add this filter in.  If there is a better way, I'm open to options and to learning.

Thank you

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @aflintdepm ,

you can try to do something like this:

the filtered event in progress measure = 
CALCULATE(
    [event in progress ms]
    , 'Scheduled visits = 0'
)

It would be really helpful if you create a pbix that contains sample data but still reflects your data model (tables, relationships, calculated columns, and measures). Upload the pbix to onedrive, google drive, or dropbox and share the link. If you are using Excel to create the sample data instead of the manual input method, share the xlsx too.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.