Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mohammadjavaher
Frequent Visitor

Exclude some values in bar chart (top n)

Hi all.

I have a bar chart which displays top 10 values (SharePercent, which is a measure returning a value between 0 and 1, displayed as percents). I want to exclude 100% values from appearing on this bar chart as their count will increase by time and they will soon occupy the entire chart. I have added a "Filter on this visual" as "SharePercent is not 1". But this filter brings a problem: Currently there are 3 values equal to 1 and 7 values are displayed on bar chart, instead of 10. If number of "1" values increases, number of displayed values will reduce and will become zero in future. I need a way to always display top 10 values which are not euqal to 1. How can I do this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@mohammadjavaher 

You need to create a measure 

IF(The value measure which you are using the Visual =1,Blank(),The value measure which you are using the Visual )

This will show up the values only less then 100%

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@mohammadjavaher 

You need to create a measure 

IF(The value measure which you are using the Visual =1,Blank(),The value measure which you are using the Visual )

This will show up the values only less then 100%

MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Thanks a lot for your help.

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@mohammadjavaher 

Question is not clear , can you share the bar chart iwthout any data to see what exactly is required. 

When any value becomed 100 % in case of bar chart it only shows the impact on a single bar, not on all the bars.

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

This is original bar chart:

mohammadjavaher_0-1682489584676.png

When no filter is applied on "Mobile App Trans Share", 10 values are displayed. When I apply this filter, I get this:

mohammadjavaher_1-1682489747707.png

As you can see, only 7 records are displayed (3 are removed by filter on this visual) and this is not what I need. I need 10 records which are not 100%.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.