Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Voose
Helper III
Helper III

Error Message - Finding the root cause

Hi Guys,

I am getting a new error message I haven't yet encountered:

"Failed to save modifications to the server. Error Returned:'An Invalid numeric representation of a date value was encountered. The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed . '." (this last  '. isn't a typo its what the error message says...)

I am wondering what is the best way to actually start to find the root cause of said error?

Thanks

Voose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello!

The error occured during a refresh of the data. I did update my desktop version to the latest version and I still recieved the error message.

I have however found a fix for this - The issue was that someone had entered a date into sales force that was not properly supported by sales force (they had clicked back in the calendar before the calendar date started and selected a date before salesforce was implemented i.e. the salesforce calendar object didn't have the date that was selected) - Unsure what this actually did to the data in the background but once I moved all of the dates to 2016 it refreshed fine.

Thanks

Voose

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Voose,

Which operation did you take then the error occurred? If error happened in Power BI desktop, how about update the desktop to the latest version 2.45.4704.442?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello!

The error occured during a refresh of the data. I did update my desktop version to the latest version and I still recieved the error message.

I have however found a fix for this - The issue was that someone had entered a date into sales force that was not properly supported by sales force (they had clicked back in the calendar before the calendar date started and selected a date before salesforce was implemented i.e. the salesforce calendar object didn't have the date that was selected) - Unsure what this actually did to the data in the background but once I moved all of the dates to 2016 it refreshed fine.

Thanks

Voose

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.