Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Martine2607
Advocate I
Advocate I

Enable search functionality in slicer in Json theme

Hi!

Is it possible to enable the search functionality of all slicers through the json theme? Or in a different way to automatically turn it on?

I know you can enable it per slicer individually by selecting it and then using the elipse to enable the search functionality or to press CNTRL+f. However I have a lot of pages so I don't want to do this manually. 

I've also found that even though my slicers on all pages are synced it does not sync the settign of the search functionallity to all pages.

Thanks!

Martine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @Martine2607 ,

Based on my research and test, it doesn't allow us to enable the search bar on all slicers automatically through the JSON theme. There isn't any other direct feature that applies it globally either. In addition, I had tried to edit the Layout JSON file and modify a property for slicers in it, however this led to a file corrupt every time and I haven't figured out the reason.

I'm afraid you have to enable it per slicer manually. I understand that this can be a tedious task when dealing with multiple slicers across different pages. You could use the Selection Pane to quickly navigate between slicers on a page to enable the search feature for each one more quickly without having to click around the report canvas. 

You can submit your idea about this feature request to the Fabric Ideas forum. 

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @Martine2607 ,

Based on my research and test, it doesn't allow us to enable the search bar on all slicers automatically through the JSON theme. There isn't any other direct feature that applies it globally either. In addition, I had tried to edit the Layout JSON file and modify a property for slicers in it, however this led to a file corrupt every time and I haven't figured out the reason.

I'm afraid you have to enable it per slicer manually. I understand that this can be a tedious task when dealing with multiple slicers across different pages. You could use the Selection Pane to quickly navigate between slicers on a page to enable the search feature for each one more quickly without having to click around the report canvas. 

You can submit your idea about this feature request to the Fabric Ideas forum. 

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.