Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ivana_tomekova
Frequent Visitor

Edit text in Visual Header tooltip

Hi,

Is there any way, how to edit/format text in Visual Header tooltip?

I can change the Font, size, colour and background, but missing e.g. alignment. By default, text is aligned to right, which is a bit strange.

ivana_tomekova_0-1673087350074.png

Can I change it somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ivana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ivana_tomekova 

I'm afraid it is not supported to change the alignment for text in visual header help tooltip currently. There are similar ideas at Power BI Idea Forum that you can vote up:

Microsoft Idea: More alignment and formatting options for visual header tooltips

Microsoft Idea: Help tooltip & Visual tooltip text formatting options.

As a workaround, you can create a new page used as a tooltip page, and customize its canvas size. Then insert a Text box into the page and add helpful information into the Text box. The text in Text box can be aligned to left. 

vjingzhang_1-1673232636850.png

vjingzhang_2-1673232915731.png

After that, return to the original report page and use above report page for the visual header help tooltip. 

vjingzhang_3-1673233086489.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Highly appreciate your Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
shoaibalvi
Helper I
Helper I

@v-jingzhang Quite helpful! I was thinking of doing that, but i have got loads of visualisation and numerous pages. I need to create a help tooltip for all. So can't imagine the number of individual pages I will need to create; simplest and easiest way would be to have the option to align, change indent etc within the format section of the tooltip. Power BI should include this feature. I will vote on the link you previously shared.

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ivana_tomekova 

I'm afraid it is not supported to change the alignment for text in visual header help tooltip currently. There are similar ideas at Power BI Idea Forum that you can vote up:

Microsoft Idea: More alignment and formatting options for visual header tooltips

Microsoft Idea: Help tooltip & Visual tooltip text formatting options.

As a workaround, you can create a new page used as a tooltip page, and customize its canvas size. Then insert a Text box into the page and add helpful information into the Text box. The text in Text box can be aligned to left. 

vjingzhang_1-1673232636850.png

vjingzhang_2-1673232915731.png

After that, return to the original report page and use above report page for the visual header help tooltip. 

vjingzhang_3-1673233086489.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Highly appreciate your Kudos!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.