Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics365 connector

Hello All,

Recently I have been trying to access data from our Dyanamics 365 environment. I have been able to access the data from our dev environment easily using the "Dynamics 365 (online)," and the "OData feed" connectors. However, for some reason when doing the exact same methods and queries, when accessing the production environment, the tables populate as empty. I have ensured that I have correct permissions and that the tables are in fact populated with data. I am very lost on how to trouble shoot this as everything so far seems as though the connection should work. All of the enities are populating so I know that I am at least connecting to the server its just the data isn't showing. This is for all tables by the way.

Has anyone had similar issues and can point me in the correct direction?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous By default, the connector/api endpoint will only return data for the default company that you have access to. So, this could be an issue of permissions or could be that you are not specifying the right company. Check this article and use the ?cross-company=true or try specifying the company in your URL:

Open Data Protocol (OData) - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Docs

I am assuming that your URL looks something along the lines of https://<blah>/<blah>/dynamics.com/data

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous By default, the connector/api endpoint will only return data for the default company that you have access to. So, this could be an issue of permissions or could be that you are not specifying the right company. Check this article and use the ?cross-company=true or try specifying the company in your URL:

Open Data Protocol (OData) - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Docs

I am assuming that your URL looks something along the lines of https://<blah>/<blah>/dynamics.com/data

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep you were correct, that was exactly my problem. Just as clarification, does the cross-company grab all available data for all of the companies?

@Anonymous Yes, cross-company grabs all available data for the companies that you have access to. Just remember that qualifier!

Latest book!:

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I have connected to production Dynamics 365 systems via OData many times and have never seen that behavior. Question thought, is this Dynamics 365 F&O or CRM? Or Busines Central for that matter?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is for Finance and Operations. I believe thats what you are referring to. Sorry, I am little new to D365.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried to use an api call to see the tables directly and it is showing as though there is no data whatsoever. Below is a screen shot of what I am referring to. However, I have also contacted a SystemAdmin for the d365 environment and he has shown me that there is in fact data in the table. So, now I am wondering why I cannot even see the data in the api call it would also explain why no data is showning on PowerBI. 

Capture.PNG

I know that the API call is correct, becuase when duplicating the call for the dev environment I recieve the quieried data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.