Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lmduc1991
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic slicer top N

Hi,

Is there anyway that we can create dynamic top N slicer to filter the visualization show only top N based on their values at the latest period of time. For example, we have table below. I want to have a dynamic slicer where we can put the topn value in. In this example, if I put 2 in the slicer, the visualization will only show category A and C from quarter to quarter (A and C have highest value in quarter 4). Is There anyway we can achieve this? I realize that we can use Top N in filter panel to achieve such result but it is not dynamic.

CategoryQuarterCount
A45
B43
C44
A32
B34
C35
A21
B210
C21
A13
B15
C18
2 REPLIES 2
lmduc1991
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

It is not what I expect. In the video, they rank based on Total. In my case, I only want to rankx category based on the values at the latest period. In the table above, I just want to rank value solely on Quarter 4 and from there, I just want to show only category have the highest value in Quarter 4 on visualization.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @lmduc1991 ,

check the following video:

Filter Top N Values with a Slicer in Power BI (youtube.com)

I think that's what you need.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi
Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.