Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Slicer based on user Role/Email

Hi,

I'm trying to create dynamic slicer for my Power Bi reports which will filter the content of the slicer based on user email. The problem is in my org chart a single employee can report to multiple managers.

ManagerEmployee
M1E1
M2E1
M3E1
M1M2
M1M3
M2E2
M2E3
M3E3
M3E4

Based on this table i want E1 records to be accessible to M1,M2 and M3, but because M1 is also also a manager of M2 and M3 he should see records related to those 2 as well. 

Is it possible to create slicer which will react like that? Any tips would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
sebastiangestia
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @ksusser,

From what I understand, the M1 deector has to see the records it has directly related E1, M2 and M3, and additionally the employees of M2 and M3 (i.e. E2, E3 and E4).

If so, you would have to create a table that has each "director" with "all the employees" that you can see, for this you could help with the PATH and PATHITEM functions (to find the "grandfather" of each employee), and then filter by the mail that corresponds to the co-responsible director (with LOOKUPVALUE in RLS).

Best regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for providing such usefull tips. RLS seems to be a case to solve my issue partly. I am struggling with Path() function, because in my org structure a single employee can have 2 different managers. It breaks everything and i cant get over it. 

Table 1

ManagerEmp
M2E1
M2E2
M3E2
M3E3
M1M2
M1M3

Table 2

EmpTicket ID
E1111
E1222
E2333
E2444
E3555

I want M1 to see all ticketing data, M2 to see E1 and E2 Tickets, and M3 to see E2 and E3 tickets. Is there a way to build path that leads to 2 different managers?
As always any tips are appreciated.

Best Regards

Hello @ksusser,

There are two ways to see it, one of the tickets to parents and grandparents (in this case would be to look for the entire path in Table1 with PATH(Emp, Director), although it would be necessary to add the M1 without grandfather), or vice versa, that each user had all the employees who depend on it (that is, that you would have to create a new table1 with the missing data of the grandparents and their grandchildren).

Best regards!

If you have the message, please consider accepting it as a solution. Welcome the kudos!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for quick answer!

I will check the links you sent me. That's 1st time i hear about RLS and LOV so i am not really sure how to answer, but it seems that might be something i am looking for. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.