Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

unemployer

Dynamic Linear Gauge

Hello guys,

Currently, I've been using Linear Gauge by MAC software it's great but I want to add something to it and couldn't know how.

this visual shows the sales data compared to the target by month, can I make it to stack month that is before the selected month?linear gauge v2.PNG

Example:

Selected Month [Apr]: view visual for [Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr] 

if other visuals achieve my goal please feel free to suggest them to me.

Thanks

Sample Data 

1 REPLY 1
johnbasha33
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@unemployer 

To achieve the desired functionality of stacking the months that are before the selected month in your Linear Gauge visual, you can utilize the following approach:

1. **Data Preparation**:
- Ensure your dataset contains a column for the month and another column for the sales data.
- Create a calculated column that assigns a value of 1 to the selected month and a value of 0 to all other months. This column will be used to filter the data.

2. **Visual Configuration**:
- Configure your Linear Gauge visual to use the calculated column created in the previous step as a filter.
- Set up the target value for the gauge to represent the target sales for the selected month.
- Adjust the settings of the Linear Gauge visual to display the sales data for all months before the selected month. You may need to adjust the formatting or aggregation settings to achieve the desired result.

3. **Interaction**:
- Enable interactions between the Linear Gauge visual and other visuals in your report. This will allow users to select a specific month from another visual (e.g., a slicer or dropdown) and dynamically update the Linear Gauge visual to display the corresponding sales data.

By following these steps, you should be able to create a Linear Gauge visual that stacks the sales data for months before the selected month and compares it to the target. Additionally, you can explore other visuals such as line charts or stacked bar charts that offer similar functionality and may better suit your requirements.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.