Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

poli361
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic Conditional Formatting based on SELECTEDMEASURE()

Hi I am trying to get a Font rule that works for every Calculation without using conditional format style "Rules" and applying them to every calculation . 

poli361_0-1700145284047.png

I am using a code like that so I can choose "Field Value" and then this dax measurement

Diff Font = var calc=SELECTEDMEASURE()

var result=if(calc > 0,"Green",if(calc<0,"Red","White"))
RETURN calc

I cant get it right though . Do you know if there is a problem when using SELECTEDMEASURE() in Conditional Formatting .
Thank you a lot in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @poli361 ,

I seem to understand your needs. You want to set the font in the matrix, but the measures in your matrix are replaced or you have multiple measures, but you don't want to re-modify the conditional formatting because of the replacement, or repeatedly set the conditional formatting.

I'm sorry, it is currently unavailable. You need to erpeat steps each measure you want to apply conditional formatting to.

Maybe you could submit an idea for this:

Ideas (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @poli361 ,

I seem to understand your needs. You want to set the font in the matrix, but the measures in your matrix are replaced or you have multiple measures, but you don't want to re-modify the conditional formatting because of the replacement, or repeatedly set the conditional formatting.

I'm sorry, it is currently unavailable. You need to erpeat steps each measure you want to apply conditional formatting to.

Maybe you could submit an idea for this:

Ideas (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Bmejia
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Conditional formating done at column level.  The only way this would work is if your data all came from a pivot table

example:

Bmejia_0-1700236154168.png

Measure:

Color =
Var Color_ = if(SELECTEDVALUE(ColorT[Value])>5,"Green")
return Color_
Bmejia_1-1700236224799.png

Thank you for replying . I just want to make one measurement to work on any measurement I put . 
In your example you are using one column "ColorT[Value]" , but I want to use a dynamic column , which will be whatever I put inside the matrix table . 

Bmejia
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I believe you still have to go into conditional formating and choose "Field Value" for the Format Style and your measure with the color data in the "What Field should be base this on"

Bmejia_0-1700168376255.png

Thats not the solution I am trying to get . I need to create a measurement to work on any measurement I put on my visual , that's why I am calling SELECTEDMEASURE() . It seems that it doesn't work .

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.