Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tfarmer

Duplicate issue but simple remove duplicates will not work

In the Full Name column you see duplicated names. If I use the remove duplicates it will not remove duplicates because the Confirmation number and the program track are different. I need the program track but I need to remove the names that repeat twice. What I need left is the program track and the single name to that track. 

For example. Adamason, Jacob registered for both Security+ and Network+ I need to remove him and other similar to him, but I needs to keep Ayala, Alline who only registered for Security+. I also have students who only registered Network+ and not Security+ but I need to keep them as well. 

Screenshot 2024-05-15 094400.png

Any help is much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

In power query, 'Group By' on the name with 2 aggregations 'all rows' and a count of rows (use the Advanced section).

Filter the new row count column header to keep the 1's. and expand the 'all' rows from the column header.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

In power query, 'Group By' on the name with 2 aggregations 'all rows' and a count of rows (use the Advanced section).

Filter the new row count column header to keep the 1's. and expand the 'all' rows from the column header.

Oh my gosh YES, Success. Thank you so much. 

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

I don't think it's very clear what you are looking for.

Are you looking to count the rows for each Full Name and, if there are 2, remove those rows?

Sorry for the lack of clarity. What I am trying to do is create a new table that only has people who registered for single courses. There are two courses, Security+ and Network+.

I only want the student that only registered for Security+ and not Network+ and those who registered for Network+ and not Security+.

So those who registered for both courses in the full name column you will see their names twice. I want to get rid of these and only see the single individules who registered for one course. 

Does that help with clarity?

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.