Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tk_moe
Frequent Visitor

Display all values when values are blank or missing

I need to use DAX (not power query) to only display the whole record where there is a gap in revenue or the future revenues are blank. I've calculated the revenue and the revenue MoM but am struggling with how to display the entire record when a condition is met for only some of the records and exclude other records where the condition is not met at least once. Screen shots with my current DAX are below:

Measures:

Project Revenue

Project Revenue MoM = CALCULATE([Project Revenue],PREVIOUSMONTH(dim_Dates[Date]))

Project Revenue MoM Flag = IF((ISBLANK([Project Revenue])=TRUE() || [Project Revenue]=0) && [Project Revenue MoM]<>0,1)

I added conditional formatting to highlight the values where I would want to include the records. It's where the Project Revenue MoM Flag is equal to 1. As an example, for Code = P001932, I want to include the whole row's worth of records for all months. For Code = P001936, I don't want to see any of these records because the condition was not met for any of the records.

Screenshot 2022-05-25 085010.png

What is the correct DAX to display only the complete records where the condition is met at least once?

2 REPLIES 2
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @tk_moe 

please try

Revenue New =
IF (
    [Project Revenue MoM Flag] = 1,
    CALCULATE ( [Project Revenue], ALLSELECTED ( 'Date' ) ),
    [Revenue]
)

Thank you for your reply. I don't understand how this will help me filter the visual to only include codes with a gap in revenue or missing revenue. Would you please explain further?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.