Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

orangeatom
Resolver I
Resolver I

Different value format per row for same measure in same table

Hi there,

I am building a summary table in PowerBI that takes measures from different tables within the model and displays them in a single table. To give a bit of context, i have measures throughout the model and have a table listing the measure names. I then create a new 'master' measure that uses an if statement to show if Measure A then Measure A value, etc.

The output is as such:

Measure Name, Measure Value

Measure A, 10

Measure B, 15

Measure C (%), 3

The problem I am encountering is that i can't change formats in a individual measure in my 'master' measure. Are there any tricks around this? For measure C i would like to show 3% instead of 3. 

Cheers,

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak , Thank you but and its similar to what i'm doing but in my case i would require the measures names to be listed on the left and each of the measures as columns.

The ask is for some measures (my rows) they are to be displayed in a whole number while others should be displayed as a percent.

Hi @orangeatom ,

It seems that you want the new measure master to have both Whole number data type (values from Measure A and B) and decimal number data type (values from Measure C). Different data type are not allowed in one same column or measure. Perhaps you can set the data type of new measure [master] as Text type, which can achieve the effect you want visually. But it cannot participate in the calculation since it is set to Text type...

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.