Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rgadbois
Frequent Visitor

Desktop changes reflect in service?

Hi,

I am still fairly new to PowerBi and learning all of the ins and outs. Is there a way to have a Report on Power BI Desktop linked to PowerBI Online Service? I have published several reports for use by others, but I am limited in the changes I can make, such as adding new data and relationships. It is mildly inconvenient to constantly make changes on Desktop and re-publish every few days.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @rgadbois,

If you are making changes in the report in desktop, you will have to publish it again, there is no escape from that.

However, you don't necessarily have to do all the changes in desktop. Once your dataset if finalised and you have the model in place you can publish the report and then do the minor changes, like things related to visuals, in Power BI Service itself.

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution if I did!
Check out this blog of mine: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @rgadbois,

If you are making changes in the report in desktop, you will have to publish it again, there is no escape from that.

However, you don't necessarily have to do all the changes in desktop. Once your dataset if finalised and you have the model in place you can publish the report and then do the minor changes, like things related to visuals, in Power BI Service itself.

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution if I did!
Check out this blog of mine: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.