Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Default Time in Power BI Desktop

Hi dear community,

the time on my computer is 10.55, whereas Power Bi Desktop has its time set at 10.55. 

The time values of my data is correct. It's just the time setting in the Power BI desktop that is wrong.

How can i change in order to have the Power Bi desktop synchronized with the current time?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Emiliya

3 REPLIES 3
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Was your problem resolved? If so, could you please accept the helpful post as solution, then we will close the thread and other people have similar problem will benefit from here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

you can get time in power query

Screen Capture #1122.png

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In Power BI Desktop, NOW function always return the current datetime according to your local UTC, it has no relationship with the computer time.

If it got wrong value, you can try to use UTCNOW function, for example the local time is UTC+8, then here's the measure.

Measure = UTCNOW()+TIME(8,0,0)

Got the correct result.

vyanjiangmsft_0-1684390861460.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.