Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoWingsGSE
Frequent Visitor

Data visualisation issue

Hi again,

I think I may have been spending too long staring at the same thing.  Per the attached, I have set the data to show October 2023, however the figure shown is YTD figures. Where have I gone wrong and why is it showing the total amount billed year to date instead of just the month of October?

Thank you in advance!

Collective.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there can only be a few possible explanations:

1. It actually shows you the correct sum and you confuse it with showing the sum of the year since the x-axis tells you so (you have to go down 1 step in the hierachy for the x-axis to show you the month as well)

2. Relation between the collection.. table & Invoiced_Jobs.. table is not proper

3. Not sure but if "Nett Sales" is actually some weird measure e.g. incl. ALL() function there might be your issue as well

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JoWingsGSE
Frequent Visitor

Good morning!

Having had some time away, I have looked with fresh eyes and it was as simple as your first option.

Thank you 

JoWingsGSE
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Nett Sale is just on the Y axis, I was adding and removing it when taking the screen shot. 

X = Date, Y = Nett Sale

The Collection & table is related to the Invoiced Jobs table correctly  with the same reference.

just date and nett.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there can only be a few possible explanations:

1. It actually shows you the correct sum and you confuse it with showing the sum of the year since the x-axis tells you so (you have to go down 1 step in the hierachy for the x-axis to show you the month as well)

2. Relation between the collection.. table & Invoiced_Jobs.. table is not proper

3. Not sure but if "Nett Sales" is actually some weird measure e.g. incl. ALL() function there might be your issue as well

Thank you - I shall do some digging as a similar data set worked perfectly last week - I have working on this data set for hours today so might need a break and to come back to it with fresh eyes.  I will update once I have gone through your suggestions 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is Nett Sale on the X-Axis as well?

And is the Collection &.. table properly related to the Invoiced_Jobs.. table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.