Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AFinster
Helper I
Helper I

Data for a Stacked Bar chart

Greetings all,

I have a table (Depts) that shows, by department, 4 x status values (as columns: Stage 1 Completed, Stage 1 Reviewed, Stage 2 Started, Stage 2 Completed). For each row (department), each of the 4 statuses has 1 of 3 values (Completed On Time, Completed but Late, Not Started).

I also have a Matrix visual (table) of the Depts data grouped by Company and parent department showing other statistics.

I would like to show these values in a stacked bar chart, and if the user selects a particular Company or parent department in the Matrix, the stacked bar chart changes to reflect the selection(s) made.

(Sample images below)

Any help with this would be appreciated... it's been doing my head in for a while now ...

Sample of source data to use to build chart.jpgStacked Bar Chart - current (fixed) data - currently feeding chart but not dynamic.jpgStacked Bar Chart - end result.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AFinster , You can use status or Axis and Three measures and it should filter data when you click on Matrix

Hi @amitchandak - any more thoughts on what these measures would look like?

Hi @amitchandak - any more thoughts on an assitance with the solution you suggested?

Thanks @amitchandak - any chance of helping out with the appropriate measures? I had a thought that a measure would be needed, but the DAX was making me cross-eyed 🤣!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.