Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ST2022
Regular Visitor

Dashboard of survey responses, don't display results where there have been fewer than X respondants.

In Power Bi I have a table set up with the following columns (the data is survey data from MS forms):

ID = the ID of all respondents who answered a survey - there are no duplicates.
Statement = the name of the question in the survey - same value for every row
Response = the answer given to the question, with the values being: 1,2,3,4,5 and an "NA" option
Response as number = this converts all the scores in the "Response" column as a number, e.g. 1=1, 2=2 and the "NA" option = 6.

I have plotted this data into a chart in power BI. However, I have a number of slicers in my dashboard and when slicers are set, it sometimes results in fewer than 3 people having answered the question. When this is the case, I do not want the chart to display any data at all. But if more than three people have answered the question, then I want all the results of these people to be displayed in the chart.

I spent hours googling solutions and nothing seems to work. 

I have managed to get this working in another chart with the exact same logic used, the only difference being that the answer options to my other question were simply 1-5 (no "NA option). For this, I applied the following measure as a filter to my graph and set it as "show items when the value is greater than or equal to 3" and it works perfectly:

Q9. ResponseCount =

CALCULATE(
    DISTINCTCOUNT('Survey responses'[ID]),
    ALL('Survey responses'["this references the column which is the called the name of the survey question" ])
)

Would anyone be able to assit with this, as this is driving me crazy!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ST2022 

The measure you described seems almost right, but we need to adjust it to correctly exclude "NA" responses from the count. Here’s how you could modify your measure:

Q9. ResponseCount =
CALCULATE(
    'Survey responses'[Response] <> "NA",
    ALL('Survey responses'[survey question])
)

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ST2022 

The measure you described seems almost right, but we need to adjust it to correctly exclude "NA" responses from the count. Here’s how you could modify your measure:

Q9. ResponseCount =
CALCULATE(
    'Survey responses'[Response] <> "NA",
    ALL('Survey responses'[survey question])
)

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jialongy-msft 

Thanks very much for taking the time to look into this and respond, that did just the trick !! Thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.