Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Shineccx007
Helper I
Helper I

DAX Calculate Sum under multiple columns in a table

Hello!

I created a measure on calculating Sum quantity under several column filters under the same table. 

Inventory On Hand =
CALCULATE(
    SUM(WarehouseEntries[Quantity]),
    FILTER(WarehouseEntries, WarehouseEntries[Location_Code] = "PLANT" || WarehouseEntries[Location_Code] = "CF TORBRAM" || WarehouseEntries[Location_Code] = "PANEX" ||WarehouseEntries[Location_Code] = "WAREHOUSE" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code] <> "CAKE C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code] <>"CD C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<> "COSTCO C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<> "DISPOSE" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"FMIX C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<> "GB C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"GB MIX"|| WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"JELLY C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"OUTPUT" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"OV1 C" ||WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"OV2 C" ||WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"PD01-1" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"PDWH"|| WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"PENDING" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"PENDING2"|| WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<> "PREMIX"|| WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"PREMIX C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"RD C"||WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"SAMPLES"|| WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"SP C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"STAGE"||WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"STORAGE1"|| WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"SUPPORT C"|| WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"SYRUP C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"DOUGH C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"TART C" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"XBMIX C"|| WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"XCONSIGN" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"XFC C"|| WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"XSYRUP" || WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"SHIP"|| WarehouseEntries[Bin_Code]<>"FMIX C")
)

But when I drag the item code, location code, bin code and quantity to the visual table under Power BI, the bin code is still showing the data I don't need. And the quantity didn't seem any different to what I have from the original quantity Sum. Anyone can have a look at what's going on?

Replicating Tableau Parameter/Filter in Power BI 

Thank you!

Shine

3 REPLIES 3
3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

My misitake, it does look like you need the OR (||) operator.
Maybe the issue is too many comparisons in one Measure.
Try to break it up into multiple measures and test one condition at a time until you see the issue come up

3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

|| is the OR operator, maybe try the AND operator - &&

Hi Thomas,

After I changed all the || to &&, I cannot see any valid data in the matrix table.

Did I make anything wrong?

Shine

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.