Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom visual not working

Hi,

I'm creating report that uses Bullet Chart by OKViz custom visual

I'm using Power BI Desktop version 2.51.4885.1423 64-bit (october 2017). I have created report using June version of the desktop. Then I updated the deskop and everything was working fine, this custom visual also was working fine. Now I opened the report couple of days ago and .... error that says that your verion of power bi desktop does not support this custom visual. Please update the power bi deskop to the latest version ... I'm currently using the latest version of the desktop and the custom visual.

Support of the custom visual says that this is not their problem and I should contact MS support ... has anyone had this kind of problemn ?

Pasi

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

If it works fine when you use the latest Power BI desktop? I use the latest version(picture1), and the Bullet Chart by OKViz custom visual(picture2). Please uninstall your Power BI desktop and install it again. 

picture1picture1picture2picture2

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the latest version of the Power BI Desktop. I'm using the version that is optimized for on-premises Power BI Report server.

I have un-installed and re-installed the desktop and the custom visual

Event log shows this error every time when I start the Power BI Desktop

The description for Event ID 25 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace377943998 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

msmdsrvi.rll

Pasi

Hello,

I have the same problem: we have Report Server (RS (October 2017)) version installed and I get the "Your version of Power BI Desktop does not support this custom visual." error with most custom visuals.

I am trying to use bullet chart by OKviz and only a very old version (2.0.7) works.

Note that the bullet chart and other custom visuals work fine with the latest version of Power BI Desktop, but I can't upload the workbooks to the report server, as RS is an older version (October 2017).

Has anyone been able to solve this conundrum?

I have the same problem with the attribute slicer:https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380794?tab=Overview

even without upgrading the plugin i still have this issue, which means I can use the plugin only on the webserver but not on the desktop version....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.