Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Custom Column

I have a Custom Column with the following:

24 Hour =Time.From( Number.Round( Number.From( [Time of Incident] ) * 24 ) / 24 )

I need to add code to account for time that is 11:30 PM and later as it creates an error as it can not do 24:00.

Also I want to add,  if null then No Entry.  

Can I do that in Custom or can I convert Custom to Conditional Column?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That was close.

I had to use 

Time.From(if Number.Round( Number.From( [Time of Incident] ) * 24.01 ) / 24=1 then 0.0 else Number.Round( Number.From( [Time of Incident] ) * 24.01 ) / 24)

This allowed time under :30 to go back to the hour.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bdehning , If data type is time, Then 24 hours display is just a display property

or you can try like

Time(hour([Time]), Minute([Time]), 0)

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Using 24 Hour Claims =Time.From( Number.Round( Number.From( [Time of Incident] ) * 24 ) / 24 )

I get the following,  How do I account for the error because of the time that is 11:46:00?

7a6e2701-d91d-4733-be99-0b572ad7e7b7.png

Hi, @bdehning 

You can try the following methods.

Time.From(if Number.Round( Number.From( [Time of Incident] ) * 24 ) / 24=1 then 0.5 else Number.Round( Number.From( [Time of Incident] ) * 24 ) / 24)

vzhangti_3-1656488604035.png

vzhangti_2-1656488592221.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It's really close.  How do I get any time with :30 to round up to the next hour?   

It currently rounds down

Hi, @bdehning 

You can try changing Number.Round to Number.RoundUp.

Time.From(if Number.RoundUp( Number.From( [Time of Incident] ) * 24 ) / 24=1 then 0.5 else Number.RoundUp( Number.From( [Time of Incident] ) * 24 ) / 24)

vzhangti_1-1657246786594.png

Does this meet your desired outcome?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That was close.

I had to use 

Time.From(if Number.Round( Number.From( [Time of Incident] ) * 24.01 ) / 24=1 then 0.0 else Number.Round( Number.From( [Time of Incident] ) * 24.01 ) / 24)

This allowed time under :30 to go back to the hour.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.