Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Alex2

Custom Bin for Column Chart

Account Name Opportunity Name Stage

Example Account 1Opportunity 1Completed
Example Account 2Opportunity 2Lost
Example Account 3Opportunity 3Completed

I have a column chart with the account name in the axis and the Name Count for the Opportunities. I filtered for the records I wanted that are jobs we won. The sales team wants to see the number of customers who have ordered once and the number of customers that have ordered more than once. How do I create custom bins so I can group these up into two bars?

2018-02-21_8-46-11.png2018-02-21_8-56-36.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just needed to change the value field to be a count. Solved! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Alex2,

What logic do you use to calculate the customers who have ordered once and customers who have ordered more than once based on the sample data you post?

What data do you want to display in the column chart(x-axis and y-axis)?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I filtering based on opportunity stage = complete and counting the number of opportunities an account has. In the bar graph screenshot there are a bunch of 1s and then the rest have more than one opportunity. 

I'm trying to get the x-axis to be # of accounts with 1 order and # of accounts with more than one order. So two bars. The y-axis would be the number of accounts. 

I created a roll-up summary field in Salesforce to get the number of orders based on my criteria for each account. Then I created a new variable. 

Range = var NumOrders = SUM(Account[Number_of_Orders__c]) return IF(NumOrders=1, "Single Order",IF(NumOrders>1, "Multiple Orders"))

I put this new measure into a new column. 

Number Orders Range = [Range]

This got me close. It is adding up the number of opportunities per account instead of the number of accounts. 

2018-02-22_10-49-14.png

Just needed to change the value field to be a count. Solved! 

@Alex2,

Glad to hear the issue is solved, you can accept your reply as answer to close this thread.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.