Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Azaingod

Creating a table, Error when selecting a new year for mysterious reason

I have heatmap basically that show what is the most apparent type of issue that our workers face. In 2023 it worked but now once I select the year to 2024. It shows nothing. Every formula should be the same and this is the only table that doesn't work with 2024.
I'm pretty stumped because this should be so simple that I can't even fathom what is going wrong from Point A to Point B.

Please see some relevant images and if you need anything more to troubleshoot, please let me know. Apologies for the blue lines but you will absolutely be able to tell something is different even without seeing the data.
EXPECTED OUTPUT: 2023, this works successfully.

Azaingod_0-1715191796348.png

HOWEVER: Just by changing the year to 2024, I get 0 data in either.

Azaingod_1-1715191918840.png

Azaingod_2-1715191978774.png

Azaingod_3-1715192058439.png

You can see that in the same table, it just uses some simple calculations to find out what is the Year, Month and Name and I should have data up til about May. The Table is called 'AtRiskComments'

Month Name = FORMAT('AtRiskComments'[Observation Date], "MMMM")
MonthNumber = MONTH([Observation Date])
Year = YEAR([Observation Date])

This is the only table that I have trouble pulling 2024 data. The other tables work, please let me know if you need to see anything from this dashboard. I'm stumped beyond belief

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Azaingod 

Make sure your filter doesn't exclude specific data.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with the DAX you have shown so far, maybe the problem is with other measures.

If possible, please share your PBIX file so that we can help you better.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Azaingod

Ah I did check the filters and I see the problem. There is a mysterious filter set to only look for August.
The original problem has been solved by just copy the tables to a new sheet.
However this is a picture of my filters and there should be nothing set to August.

Azaingod_0-1715265518767.pngAzaingod_1-1715265590866.png

When I hover it gives more information as 'Raw Entry List'[Month Name] however 'Raw Entry List' is not even used on this table. Do you have any idea where this August is coming from?

I will mark your as a solution because you telling me to checked the filters worked.
However, if anyone else runs into this problem. I fixed it by copy and paste all my tables to another page.

v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Azaingod 

Make sure your filter doesn't exclude specific data.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with the DAX you have shown so far, maybe the problem is with other measures.

If possible, please share your PBIX file so that we can help you better.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.