Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Yifatgo
Frequent Visitor

Counts via userelationship works, but it doesn't show the right data in a table visual

Hi!

I have a list of tickets with their creation date ("Short Date_Created", date format), some of the tickets were completed, so these also have a completion date ("Short Date_Completed", date format).
Both dates are linked to a general date table (TimeTable); The active relationship is between created date and the general date, the inactive is for the completion date (I marked them on the picture).

I'm trying to analyze the data, as a start - created vs. completed tickets. 

The count was simple, as I used calculate function with count and userelationship (two measures, one per created and one per completed, with the relevant relationship). But I also need to show what was created and what was completed in the date range.

The date range is a slicer that is taken from the TimeTable, and as I can see good results for the created tickets (comparing these to the raw data that I have), I cannot find a way to present the completed tickets list (assuming it's because of the inactive relationship).

For example: I see 15 created tickets on Feb with the correct list of tickets. 12 tickets were completed on Feb, but the list doesn't filter them correctly, it just shows the created issues. 

So my question is - how can I show them on a table? I want to present the "12" that pbi was able the count 😅 thanks!

MF_1.jpgMF_2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Yifatgo
Frequent Visitor

I managed to solve it! so writing it here if anyone encounters this issue:

1. The graph is relevant for the TimeTable date (that's the general date that has relations with created and completed dates)

2. The table visual for created items is filtered by created date slicer

3. The table visual for completed items is filtered by completed date slicer

4. All slicers don't impact the other visuals 

5. All slicers are synced, using this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPE6__sulg

6. Only the TimeTable date (general date) remains visible, other dates (created and completed) are invisible 

The result is that we change just the TimeTable date, that impacts the other dates. Visuals (tables or graph) change according to their active slicer. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Yifatgo
Frequent Visitor

I managed to solve it! so writing it here if anyone encounters this issue:

1. The graph is relevant for the TimeTable date (that's the general date that has relations with created and completed dates)

2. The table visual for created items is filtered by created date slicer

3. The table visual for completed items is filtered by completed date slicer

4. All slicers don't impact the other visuals 

5. All slicers are synced, using this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPE6__sulg

6. Only the TimeTable date (general date) remains visible, other dates (created and completed) are invisible 

The result is that we change just the TimeTable date, that impacts the other dates. Visuals (tables or graph) change according to their active slicer. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You may want to clean up the relationships between your tables. Ideally should be 1:*  from Dimension -> Fact.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.