Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SoundChimera
Frequent Visitor

Count of active employees between two dates, by department

I want to replicate the bundle of reports on the following page, particularly the Demographic Analysis report.

My data has Employee ID, Department ID, Hired Date, Termination Date, Terminated Y/N and all the pertinent columns.

I have found solutions online that do show number of active employees per date organization-wide, but I'm not sure how I can filter them by department. Would I have to create separate measures for each department? And if so, would that work with the departmental slicer I have?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @SoundChimera ,

you do not have to create a measure for each department, of course you can leverage the department slicer.

As you deal with snapshot data or semi-additive measures (as headcount can not be summed over time) your measures become more complex. This article describes how to create semi-additive measures: Semi-Additive Measures in DAX - SQLBI

Hopefully, this provides some ideas on how to tackle your challenge!

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @SoundChimera ,

you do not have to create a measure for each department, of course you can leverage the department slicer.

As you deal with snapshot data or semi-additive measures (as headcount can not be summed over time) your measures become more complex. This article describes how to create semi-additive measures: Semi-Additive Measures in DAX - SQLBI

Hopefully, this provides some ideas on how to tackle your challenge!

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.