Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

djrome13
Frequent Visitor

Convert Sales period to a date?

Good afternoon!

I am new to the forums (and Power BI), but have lurked for a bit. Thank you all for the vast info here!

I have a Sales/Recruiting period that I need to convert to a static date. For example, we have Winter 2017, Spring 2017, Summer 2017, etc..

What I would like to do is have the Quarter get associated with a static date (every Winter = January 10th), then append the year from the quarter to the end, leaving each Quarter with a usable date field like 1/10/2017 in order to utilize date driven charts/graphs. Is this something that would be easy to do?

Thanks in advance for any/all input!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe I just figured it out. I associated each of the Terms with a date in a Conditional Column, then appended the fiscal year to the end using [field name]&'/'&[year]. Then I Used the Sort By to sort the Term column by the Term Date. This seems to have worked for what I needed.

Thank you for your reply!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hasan
Resolver I
Resolver I

HI,

i think you can use the replace values function in Query EditorCapture.PNG 1017.PNG

I believe I just figured it out. I associated each of the Terms with a date in a Conditional Column, then appended the fiscal year to the end using [field name]&'/'&[year]. Then I Used the Sort By to sort the Term column by the Term Date. This seems to have worked for what I needed.

Thank you for your reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.