Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raldred

Content Pack not available in Desktop?

We are looking to use the Xero content pack via the Desktop application, but it appears to only be visible via the web-based service.

It is simply not listed in the desktop supported data sources - presumably it will be under a future release?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ryan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@raldred they are called data connectors. content packs are only for power bi service and are of two types built-in and organisational. you can read about them more over here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ReportMaster
Helper V
Helper V

I know this reply is very late. Now that the Mailchimp service pack was deprecated, you would have to look for another way. As a workaround, maybe you can use a 3rd party connector, it can save you a lot of time compared to other options. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics (which doesn't have PBI as a destination, so you first have to export to Google Sheets and then export to PBI) and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@raldred that is right. content pack are not available within power bi desktop. they can only be created and accessed in power bi service. if you want to use power bi desktop may be you can try other connectors such as Web.

@ankitpatira - thank you for your response.

However, in the desktop version I can see 'online services' such as SharePoint, Facebook, Salesforce, GitHub, MailChimp etc... surely they are content packs?

Regards,

Ryan.

@raldred they are called data connectors. content packs are only for power bi service and are of two types built-in and organisational. you can read about them more over here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.