Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JohannesBier
Helper I
Helper I

Conditional column

Hello everyone,

I need help with a conditional column. I have a column with weekday (0-6) and shift number (1-3). The conditional column currently makes the distinction between week and weekend so it writes weekday 5 and 6 in the new column weekend. Now I would also like to add weekday 4, but only shift 3 to the conditional column. Unfortunately, I can't find an option with a double condition. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Best regards

Johannes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

In your FILTER, you can use && to have 2 different filter conditions:
VAR WorkingDayShift = 
  FILTER( ALL (Date ),
    'Date'[Working Day]  = 1 && 'Date'[Shift Number] = 3
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

In your FILTER, you can use && to have 2 different filter conditions:
VAR WorkingDayShift = 
  FILTER( ALL (Date ),
    'Date'[Working Day]  = 1 && 'Date'[Shift Number] = 3
)

The Code of the conditional column is = Table.AddColumn(#"Hinzugefügte benutzerdefinierte Spalte", "Tagestyp", each if [#"Wochentag Nr."] = 5 then "Wochenende" else if [#"Wochentag Nr."] = 6 then "Wochenende" else "Woche") Can you explain me, how to put the code in correctly?

The code I was showing was for a Calculated Column. The code you are showing is for M code (In Power Query). Is that where you want the column?

Yes, PowerQuery would be perfect, the column should just change these few cells to "Weekend" if the Date Number = 4 and Shfit No = 3.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.