Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

edhans
Super User
Super User

Conditional Formatting Greater Than?

Am I missing sometiing or is there no way to have conditional formatting Greater Than only?

I am using "Color by rules" and if I select "greater than (or equal to)" I seem to be required to fill in the "and is less than" with some fake 9999999999 number. 

I have the June 2018 desktop version.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@edhans,

No, there's no way to just have "Greater Than" but thankfully it's only a minor annoyance.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can actually simply delete the "and is less than" value and it will default to "Max".

CF.gif

In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Paul on Linkedin.

Yeah, I know. This thread is over 4 years old now...

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

MCSA: BI Reporting
MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

You could put the particular value as a greater than or equal and delete the value for the other Less than, but it is considering the number for the less than value automatically.

MahyarTF_0-1658273641661.png

Mahyartf
teylyn
MVP

Actually, there is a way to have just Greater Than. Just remove any number from the Greater Than box. That's it. 

Chris Webb has it written out in this blog: https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2019/07/04/greater-than-less-than-rules-power-bi-conditional-formatting...

Thanks for this! I've been using the dummy 1111111111111111 number for a couple of years now, but I have a training for users in my company next week and I felt this wouldn't help with the adoption 😄

Thank you very much! The answer was really straightforward but I would never have found it on my own. 

RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@edhans,

No, there's no way to just have "Greater Than" but thankfully it's only a minor annoyance.

It is not a "minor" annoyance, it is really important. And there is a way to do this; as teylyn brilliantly said, we just need to remove any number from the Greater Than box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.