Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tewtom
Regular Visitor

Conditional Formatting By Column In a Table

Please see the image shared below.  I have a table in power BI that contains two columns that need different conditional formatting.  I am ok with background colors or icons.  The DCM column conditions are different thant he DCO conditions.  Is there a way to do this?  ANy help is apprecaited, thank you.  I tried looking for other similar forum questions, could not seem to find an answer. 

cond_form.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Nemanja, I hope you saw my earl;ier reply.  What you suggesteed was for a single level ability to use conditional formatting, I needed conditional formats that vary.  So the only way I coul;d work around this was to split my data up into a new table ane then do discreetly.    If you look at the first question, you see that the data is in one column.  I Had to split it out into three columns in order to do the formatting like I wanted.  Thanks, though.

Done.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tewtom
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply, yes I understand how to do, but the problem is the columns are from one data source, not multiple as it seems your image shows.   I need different conditional formats in the two columns.  As mentioned in the first post, I want to have very different format needs for the DCM and DCO columns.  The only other way I could think of is to split out the data, but doing that becomes problematic due to the blank values (i.e., one column in the table for DCO, DCM, and RDTC).format 2.jpg

nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@tewtom when dealing with conditional formatting on percentages, i use this approach:
1) select visual
2) go to fields > click on arrow beside field that you want to assign conditional formatting
3) format style = Rules
4) start from Min to Max, pay attention to <, <= to make sure you covered all ranges. Use number: 10% = 0.1, 50% = 0.5

Here is example:

nandic_0-1715811648532.png

Cheers,
Nemanja Andic

Hi Nemanja, I hope you saw my earl;ier reply.  What you suggesteed was for a single level ability to use conditional formatting, I needed conditional formats that vary.  So the only way I coul;d work around this was to split my data up into a new table ane then do discreetly.    If you look at the first question, you see that the data is in one column.  I Had to split it out into three columns in order to do the formatting like I wanted.  Thanks, though.

Done.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.