Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBInonpro
Helper III
Helper III

Combo Chart - Assistance and Ideas request

I am trying to create a graph to track a buying plan and budget for buying. 

I apologize for the crude design (attached), but I would like it to show the total buying plan limit as $ and % from Jan - Dec. 

Assume this is currently April (I am using 2021 data), The problem I run into right off the start is the months are showing the total and not the culmulative for that month. If Jan - April is a total of $4,000 with $500 in Jan, $1000 in Feb, $800 in March and $1700 in April it should show $500-Jan, $1500-Feb, $2300-Mar, $4000-Apr vs $4,000 every month. on top of that it should chart the % spent. $500 is 2.5%, $1500 is 7.5% (feb). and each month the actual % should replace the estimated. 

Any ideas how to go about this would be very much appreciated. (also not, not sure if I am doing this correctly but as the data is labeled in rough month format, I made an additional column where Jan = 1, Feb = 2, Mar = 3, etc. )CRUDE_EXAMPLE.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PBInonpro 

You can try the following methods.

vzhangti_0-1673249001472.png

Measure:

Sum = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),[Month]<=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Month])))
% = Var _all=20000
Return
DIVIDE([Sum],_all)

vzhangti_1-1673249071410.png

vzhangti_2-1673249093042.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PBInonpro 

You can try the following methods.

vzhangti_0-1673249001472.png

Measure:

Sum = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),[Month]<=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Month])))
% = Var _all=20000
Return
DIVIDE([Sum],_all)

vzhangti_1-1673249071410.png

vzhangti_2-1673249093042.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks! Is there a way to merge the projected and actual to show the full range of Jan - Dec.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.