Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBLearning2023
Frequent Visitor

Changing the colour of the checkbox in a Slicer Drop Down

Anyone have ideas regarding how they were able to change the checkbox colour in this PowerBI example on the Learn Tab? I have looked everywhere in the back-end, even tried to use the same backgroud colour and I cannot replicate the light colour of the checkbox to look like the text colour.  There have been issues logged before but I cannot figure this one out.  Using any dark colour is now completely pointless if this feature is not an option.

PBLearning2023_0-1685638946334.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @PBLearning2023 @RoshanK  as I mentioned in my previous answers this element is generic we can't change the color of these squares.
You can suggest the idea to change this here: https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/?forum=2d80fd4a-16cb-4189-896b-e0dac5e08b41

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RoshanK
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @PBLearning2023 ,

Did you figure out any way? I am facing the same problem!

No, it looks like the default is light grey and I need white for it to stand out.

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @PBLearning2023 
What do you mean by checkbox color?
Additionally, there are 2 backgrounds types:

1. Of all slicer's area and it is here:

Ritaf1983_0-1685940023370.png

2. Background of values like in the picture : ( you can of course use same color at both of them)

Ritaf1983_1-1685940142287.png

You can also have the advantage of the search option of the formatting editor and just enter "back..." and it will find all options with this string.
If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am looking at how to change the outline of the checkbox.  You can change the colour of the text but that is it.  If I want a background ALL dark my check box cannot be viewed.  This is the example that I found in the library and I would like it to look similar.

PBLearning2023_0-1685988437108.png

Hi @PBLearning2023 
If you are talking about little squares, you can't change their color, they are always light grey, also in your picture.
you can change the background, borders, title, and text colors.
It looks exactly like in your picture :

Ritaf1983_0-1686023085033.png

Link to the sample file 

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sadly I need to have those boxes in white to stand out more.  It is too difficult to see for the users.

Hi, @PBLearning2023 @RoshanK  as I mentioned in my previous answers this element is generic we can't change the color of these squares.
You can suggest the idea to change this here: https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/?forum=2d80fd4a-16cb-4189-896b-e0dac5e08b41

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.