Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tijevancasteren
Regular Visitor

Changing the X-axis

Hi all,

I have two quick questions about my X-axis.

X-axis 1.PNG

I can't to get the values on the axis to display without decimals. I have 4 other charts like this with other values and the X-axises are without decimals there.

AVG1.PNG

The chart above displays 5 averages. I would like the bars to be spaced, just like the chart above this one. How can I do this? I would really appreciate the help!

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the answers! I see that my question is not correct. With the decimals I meant the labels on the x-axis, beneath the bars. Now they are 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0. I want them to be 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. I will look into it!

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Aolie
Regular Visitor

I have a related issue below that I also need help

I have the data below, I want the ID in Y axis and Date as X axis .

The value of FirstDuration, Duration_Sub1 and  CurrentDuration should be a stack bar.

Kindly help or advice me on waht to do.

Thank you

IDFirstStartFirstDurationDuration_Sub1CurrentDuration
00628000005VtBtAAK10/07/1986128011730
00628000005V1l9AAC10/10/1984261504455
00628000005VtBzAAK5/08/1985387814510
00628000005VtC0AAK1/05/1985328422320
00628000005VtC1AAK21/03/200049731740
00628000005VtBxAAK31/03/1999339300

Hi @Aolie,

What is the type of information you want to show, because it's incompatible to show first data on x-axis and ID on Y-axis.

No reaaly getting what do you intend on getting with this information, Why don't you do a hierarchy within your x-axis between start and ID?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi Felix,

Below is what I am trying to achive but instead of % on X axis I want date value.

Thank you

Sample- instead of % I want dateSample- instead of % I want date

richbenmintz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Issue 1:

-  the labels on the x axis are members of a table and are displayed as labels, you would have to change the formatting of the data to have it display without the decimals.

Issue 2: 

- I do not think this is possible with the current column chart, I have not found a property that allows you to add a padding between bars.

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Hi Felix,

I sent a sample of what I am trying to achive. I got your explanation but if there is a work around to this I will appreciate you guide me. In Excel I can do achive it but I need to share the report to use through power bi.

Thanks

Thanks for the answers! I see that my question is not correct. With the decimals I meant the labels on the x-axis, beneath the bars. Now they are 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0. I want them to be 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. I will look into it!

Thanks

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Tijevancasteren,

1st Question:

In the options for your chart if the  values are formated as Number you should be able to define the Decimal units by default it as Auto but you can place 0. Please be aware if you values for the X-Axis are formated as Text this option won't be available.

2nd question:

Instead of placing the description in the Legend you should place it in the X-Axis and then you will get the chart above.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.