Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

azaterol
Helper V
Helper V

Change the color of the bubble automatically according to representative

Hello everyone,

I have a map as a visualization.

azaterol_0-1712126714126.png

Under location I used the customer's location. I have entered the customers under the legend (customer name).

azaterol_2-1712126930228.png

This is linked to the representative in the report.

azaterol_1-1712126829442.png

In other words, I have a preselection of 3 representatives. If I select John, only John and his customers will be shown on the map. How can I use a function to ensure that each of John's customers automatically receives the color red when assigned to him?

I have previously set the color of the bubbles manually, but I would like to change this to automatically in the future.

I would be grateful for your answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Joe_Barry
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @azaterol 

You can create a measure. Presuming you have the Sales Rep in the Customer Dimension Table, create this measure

SalesRepColour = 
SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE('DIM Customer'[SalesRep]),
"John", "#FF0000",
"Tom", "#7ACA00")

Go to the Formatting Pane of the Visual > Bubbles > Colors > fx Format Sytle = Field Value Then choose the measure you created for the What field should we base this on

Hope this helps

Joe

If you found my answer helpful and it solved your issue, please accept as solution

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Joe_Barry
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @azaterol 

You can create a measure. Presuming you have the Sales Rep in the Customer Dimension Table, create this measure

SalesRepColour = 
SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE('DIM Customer'[SalesRep]),
"John", "#FF0000",
"Tom", "#7ACA00")

Go to the Formatting Pane of the Visual > Bubbles > Colors > fx Format Sytle = Field Value Then choose the measure you created for the What field should we base this on

Hope this helps

Joe

If you found my answer helpful and it solved your issue, please accept as solution

Thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.