Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mwhitnack
Frequent Visitor

Change running total depending on Client Status

Hey all,

I have a measure set up to create a running total for each client in each warehouse. I have everything working, but I have different clients where I want the running total to always populate one. Each client has a status associated with it. If the client has a status of FIXED I want it to show up as '1'. If it's not FIXED I want the running total to calculate as normal.

Here is the formula:

Total Pallets =

CALCULATE (
SUM (PalletTable[Amount]),
FILTER (
ALL ( 'PalletTable' ),
PalletTable[Date] <= max('Date'[Date])),
VALUES(SQFT[Client]),
VALUES(whse[Warehouse]) )

The status is under the SQFT table. Here is the matrix where I want this information to populate. The client CHEVAN client is one of the clients that I want to populate as '1'. Whereas BLUMON would be one of the normal ones.

igm.PNG

Thanks,
Mitch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Not sure if this is what you mean but you can try this approach

NewMeasure = IF(MIN(SQFT[Status]) = "Fixed", 1, [Total Pallets])  // or use MAX depending on what your other status values are

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Not sure if this is what you mean but you can try this approach

NewMeasure = IF(MIN(SQFT[Status]) = "Fixed", 1, [Total Pallets])  // or use MAX depending on what your other status values are

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

You're 2/2 Pat! Thanks for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.