Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Truthahn195
Frequent Visitor

Change decimal separator only in report, but not in data and data import

Hello everyone,

I am trying to change the decimal separator shown in my report from comma (,) to point (.). But I only want it to change in the report, not in the underlying data, since the data set I import also contains comma (,). When changing my regional settings from German to English, I get a lot of problems with my data and most of my graphs don't work anymore, therefore I only want to change the separator displayed - is there a way to do this? Replacing the comma in the data is not a feasible solution for me, since I also present the percentages of a total sum with a decimal separator, which is done automatically by Power BI and hence I cannot change by simply replacing the comma by point in my data.

I really appreciate your help!

Best regards, Nina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Truthahn195 , work in power bi with english setting. Change power bi service setting to german and check, it should work( this will for each user and browser)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/supported-languages-countries-regions#choose-...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Truthahn195 , This happens using a regional setting. If you are using German setting are you not getting decimal in place of comma

Unfortunately, this does not work. When changing the regional settings, it seems that I also change the decimal separator for import, and then importing my data does not work anymore.

@Truthahn195 , work in power bi with english setting. Change power bi service setting to german and check, it should work( this will for each user and browser)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/supported-languages-countries-regions#choose-...

This worked fine, thank you very much! I wasn't aware of the possibility to change the language setting in Power BI Service

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.