Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Truthahn195
Frequent Visitor

Change decimal separator only in report, but not in data and data import

Hello everyone,

I am trying to change the decimal separator shown in my report from comma (,) to point (.). But I only want it to change in the report, not in the underlying data, since the data set I import also contains comma (,). When changing my regional settings from German to English, I get a lot of problems with my data and most of my graphs don't work anymore, therefore I only want to change the separator displayed - is there a way to do this? Replacing the comma in the data is not a feasible solution for me, since I also present the percentages of a total sum with a decimal separator, which is done automatically by Power BI and hence I cannot change by simply replacing the comma by point in my data.

I really appreciate your help!

Best regards, Nina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Truthahn195 , work in power bi with english setting. Change power bi service setting to german and check, it should work( this will for each user and browser)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/supported-languages-countries-regions#choose-...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Truthahn195 , This happens using a regional setting. If you are using German setting are you not getting decimal in place of comma

Unfortunately, this does not work. When changing the regional settings, it seems that I also change the decimal separator for import, and then importing my data does not work anymore.

@Truthahn195 , work in power bi with english setting. Change power bi service setting to german and check, it should work( this will for each user and browser)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/supported-languages-countries-regions#choose-...

This worked fine, thank you very much! I wasn't aware of the possibility to change the language setting in Power BI Service

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.