Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Ramees_123
Helper IV
Helper IV

Change Date Time Format in Power Query Editor

I have a text type column which contains the date time in format (DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS).

When I try to change the column data type to Date/Time, it shows error since Power BI accepts only (MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS).

What can be done here ? How to change the formats ?

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hello there @Ramees_123 ! This happens due to the timezone configuration for your Power BI desktop or this report specifically. You can either go to your setting s and change the timezone configurations or do so in Power Query Editor. Please refer to the following thread with a similar problem for a solution:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Change-time-zone-hours/m-p/640713

Hope this answer solves your problem! If you need any additional help please tag me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️ or give it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hello there @Ramees_123 ! This happens due to the timezone configuration for your Power BI desktop or this report specifically. You can either go to your setting s and change the timezone configurations or do so in Power Query Editor. Please refer to the following thread with a similar problem for a solution:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Change-time-zone-hours/m-p/640713

Hope this answer solves your problem! If you need any additional help please tag me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️ or give it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.