Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Arne
Frequent Visitor

Cant finr default color option

Hi!

I need to set the same color for all columns in a chart but i miss the default color option in my Power Bi  that is 

Version: 2.104.702.0 64-bit (april 2022).  I have seen some solutions on how to do that but they refer to use default color option in one way or another. Is there some way that i could enable the default color option in my Power bi version? Or is there some other way that i could set a default color for all columns in a chart (for the moment in a line and clustered dolumn chart). Is that posible with Dax if so send an example of how that could look. 

Br

Arne

99bfd5dd-be1d-43e2-8ef0-7ab6d231180d.gif

 d

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Arne 

Example PBIX file

I'm not seeing the same as you and I am using PBI Desktop 2.104.702.0 64-bit (April 2022).  The icons/layouts for visual formatting have recently changed and your image shows the old styles.  This is what it should look like in the Apr 2022 version

colscol.png

I can select the columns and set their colors.

Please double check your version and post your PBIX file.

regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Hi Phil!

I have latest version, but my picture was from a example. Anyway i created a test Pbix file and then i noticed my mistake i dropped one column in teh column legend which lead to a none desireable result. I post my example Pbix file so its possible to see te problem in chart three as it shifting colors when i hoover on differnt rows in the Matrix. But its solved now. Thanks for the tip to send a Pbix file it actually made me see whats, wrong.   https://ncconline-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/arne_olsson_ncc_se/EZ1fTBFL2t9Gj-ZFMyZ3v_IBX6X2tL... hope this link works

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Arne 

Example PBIX file

I'm not seeing the same as you and I am using PBI Desktop 2.104.702.0 64-bit (April 2022).  The icons/layouts for visual formatting have recently changed and your image shows the old styles.  This is what it should look like in the Apr 2022 version

colscol.png

I can select the columns and set their colors.

Please double check your version and post your PBIX file.

regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

I have the same question - I can manually set the colors for specific values in the chart, but there is no longer a "default" color that applies if new values are added.  This default let me set a chart that would be populated with selected values but they now all come in with various colors.  On your example it also shows that conditional formatting of color is no longer available - is this the case?

Hi Phil!

I have latest version, but my picture was from a example. Anyway i created a test Pbix file and then i noticed my mistake i dropped one column in teh column legend which lead to a none desireable result. I post my example Pbix file so its possible to see te problem in chart three as it shifting colors when i hoover on differnt rows in the Matrix. But its solved now. Thanks for the tip to send a Pbix file it actually made me see whats, wrong.   https://ncconline-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/arne_olsson_ncc_se/EZ1fTBFL2t9Gj-ZFMyZ3v_IBX6X2tL... hope this link works

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.