Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

KatPL
Frequent Visitor

Cannot connect to downloaded .pbix / Live connection via SQL Server Analysis Services

Hello,

Since the new way of downloading .pbix appeared, I have issues with downloading the reports with live connection to data.

Connection is done via: SQL Server Analysis Services database

KatPL_2-1665565010342.png

The report is downloaded, but when I open it, first - it asks me to login to Microsoft account, which is successful.

Then it gives me blank pages and below error:

• We couldn't connect to your Analysis Services database. Double-check that your server and database names are correct, and that you have permission to access them. No OLE DB Error Information found.

When I am opening old .pbix that was downloaded before these changes, I do not have this issue. My access to server did not change over a day, there were also no changes within server (confirmed by IT). I do not keep all report copies in .pbix, because each time I download the newest version directly from workspace. Now it seems I cannot do that anymore with live connection.

Anyone can advise what happened here with this new functionality ? 

How do I now download my .pbix files with live connection ?

KatPL_0-1665563831906.png

KatPL_1-1665563953864.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KatPL ,

I think there should be something wrong in your credential. I suggest you to check the Data Source Setting in Options and settings.

RicoZhou_0-1665649619537.png

You can edit your credential and then refresh your report.

RicoZhou_1-1665649705436.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rzhou-msft 

Unfortunately your solution is not working.

When I go to: File > Options and settings > Data source settings, I do not have options like on your screen. Instead Data hub window opens up:

KatPL_3-1666161836829.png

I am selecting my report from the list, then I click Connect.

But I am still getting below error and cannot work on downloaded report.

Is there any other solution ?

KatPL_2-1666161763482.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.