Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BillAInspiriTec

Can you "daisy chain" drill throughs?

Hello,

I have an Overview page on a report that will serve as a dashboard for the rest of the report. On this Overview page, I have a slicer for company divisions.

I also have a Quality page that displays quality evaluation results by division, supervisor, and agent. 

Finally, I have a  Detail page displaying details about each evaluation season. 

Is it possible to have a drill-through from the Overview page that determines which division is displayed on the Quality page and also have a drill-through from the Quality page using a quality_sessionID to the Details page?

Can someone provide a "how-to" or a link to the solutions, if possible?

Thank you very much.

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just tested a three level drillthrough, and while it is weird it does "work", as in  it produces no errors. Haven't tried going deeper.

I would instead recommend you enable "Personalize Visuals" and teach your users how to use it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can certainly do that but there's a high risk that you will lose your users along the click path (or on the path back).

Is that something they requested, or something you fancy?

Thanks for the quick response.  This is the way I came up with to get to the requirement.  If there is a better way to set up the navigation and still drill down, I'm all ears.  

Thanks again,

Bill

I would add clear escape buttons to return to the top level, and I would conduct A/B testing to see how well the report users can use different navigation methods.

Thanks. I appreciate the tip, but I can't get more than one drill-through per report.

My boss wants an overview page (or dashboard) to allow us to drill down through various divisions and a selected KPI (Key Performance Indicator) for each division.  I expect this Overview page to have a grid of 8 to 10 divisions and 10 KPIs for each.

I created the Quality page first and used an evaluation number to link to the detail page. 

Next, I tried to create an Overview page. I want to be able to choose a division/KPI pair to go to the Quality page, which will show the Quality report for the selected division.

I can't create a new link to the Quality destination page. 

I don't doubt that I'm taking the wrong approach. Is there a better way, or how can I get the additional drill-throughs on the overview page?

Thank you,

Bill

I just tested a three level drillthrough, and while it is weird it does "work", as in  it produces no errors. Haven't tried going deeper.

I would instead recommend you enable "Personalize Visuals" and teach your users how to use it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.