Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ITManuel
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Can we force regional settings for report in service?

Hi,

I would like my shared report in the service to appear the same for all users regardless of their reginal / language settings on their system.

In Power BI Deskop the report appears in english language, "K" for thousands, "M" for millions but uses "." ( Dot ) for thousand separator, "," ( Comma ) for decimal separator etc.

I would like the published report to appear as in Power BI Desktop for all users regardless of their reginal / language settings on their system, but I coudn't achieve it. 

The users mainly use the report in SharePoint since the report is embedded on a SharePoint site.

Scenario 1:

• Display language" in the service is set to "English ( United States )"
    • The browser language is set to “English”

The report appears obviously in English language but uses "," for thousand separator and "." for decimal separator. It takes the number format based on the language settings. This applies for the report in the service as well as in ShaerPoint.

Scenario 2:

• Display language" in the service is set to "English ( United States )"
    • The browser language is set to “German”

Report in service:

The report appears in English language but uses "," for thousand separator and "." for decimal separator. 

Report in SharePoint:

The report appears in German but uses "," for thousand separator and "." for decimal separator. 

Scenario 3:

• Display language" in the service is set to "German”
    • The browser language is set to “German”

Report in service:

The report appears in German language and uses "." for thousand separator and "," for decimal separator. 

Report in SharePoint:

The report appears in German but uses "," for thousand separator and "." for decimal separator. 

Scenario 4:

• Display language" in the service is set to "German”
    • The browser language is set to “English”

Report in service:

The report appears in German language and uses "." for thousand separator and "," for decimal separator. 

Report in SharePoint:

The report appears in English but uses "," for thousand separator and "." for decimal separator. 

Can I set the language and "number format" independently to appear as in Power BI Desktop for my case which shall then apply to the shared report regardless of it use in the service or from SharePoint?

Thanks in advance.

Br

1 REPLY 1
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ITManuel 

In Power BI Desktop, you can use the dynamic format measure to format the data type of the measures.

e.g 

Measure = 1314521789.12

Then select the dynamic format in measure tool.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1714012439037.png

Then create a format measure, and put it to the format

Format = "###,###.00"

vxinruzhumsft_1-1714012479898.png

Output

vxinruzhumsft_2-1714012525980.png

And zou can refer to the following link.

Create dynamic format strings for measures in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.