Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ThomasWeppler
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Can I make the end user choose which date filter they want to use?

In PowerBI Desktop I can see a small arrow which allows me to choose which kind of date filter I want on the repport, but when I publish the report the arrow disapear. Is there a way to keep the small arrow and allow the end user to choose if they want a relative date filter, or in between datefilter?

Make the end user choose the date filter.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @ThomasWeppler , currently no.
You can however put this in the filter pane and overthere - if you enable for this report to allow end users to change filter types in the report settings - they would be able to do so.

Other workaround will be to use bookmarks for the different states of the slicer and give the user the option to toggle between them.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @ThomasWeppler , currently no.
You can however put this in the filter pane and overthere - if you enable for this report to allow end users to change filter types in the report settings - they would be able to do so.

Other workaround will be to use bookmarks for the different states of the slicer and give the user the option to toggle between them.

Hope that helps

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ThomasWeppler , I doubt end-user can change that. That will only work in edit mode

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.