Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

redalert787
Helper II
Helper II

Calculating a products % of different category levels (Try 2)

Hello power bi community, 

I work for a clothing company and I would like to include in our sales report what % a product makes up of the different levels of our product categories. For example, having a table that shows product A makes up 10% of T-shirt sales last week and 3% of  all apparel sales. You can find a link to a sample report here: https://amersportsonline-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ardi_sardashti_amersports_com/EXwx6-79kEFF... 

The picture below of the table I made up in excel shows roughly what I'm trying to build 

redalert787_0-1635498842502.png

For reference, Prod hier level 4 and 6 are the different ways we define our category levels in our company. For example, the article XA pro 3D V8 GTX black/black/black fits into the prod hier 6 level of "FTW Sal. trail runnin" and the prod hier 4 level of "Sal Footwear".

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @redalert787 

Here is a pretty good instruction guide on what you're looking for: https://medium.com/geekculture/calculating-percentages-over-hierarchies-in-dax-power-bi-chapter-8-c3...

I have used it myself and found it very beneficial!

All the best 🙂

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @redalert787 ,

Does the replies above solve your problem? If it has been solved, please mark the correct reply as the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly.Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @redalert787 

Here is a pretty good instruction guide on what you're looking for: https://medium.com/geekculture/calculating-percentages-over-hierarchies-in-dax-power-bi-chapter-8-c3...

I have used it myself and found it very beneficial!

All the best 🙂

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Thank you! That was pretty much exactly what i was looking for 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.