Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MrMouldy

Calculated column to show Concatenated list of values where a date clashes with another.

Good morning,  

I'm looking for some help with a column i am trying to make. 

I'm building a project tracking dashboard for my company and One thing I want to be able to display is a copncatenated list of values where two dates collide with each other.  

I've found this post Solved: Re: Calculated column to get number of occurrences... - Microsoft Fabric Community Which would identify a number of ionstances of a date in a column but i'd like to take that a step further and provide a list.  

I've made a mock up of my data here: 

MrMouldy_0-1712907581960.png

I would like it to look like this:

MrMouldy_2-1712907882803.png

Tried using Conditional columns and various different count options but I can never manage to get a way to output a concatenated list so I am reaching out to help me learn.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MrMouldy 

If you want a calculated column, you can try this formula

Column = CONCATENATEX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Project release date]=EARLIER('Table'[Project release date])),'Table'[Project ID],", ")

vjingzhanmsft_0-1713146452314.png

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MrMouldy

Bumping thias to see if anyone has any thoughts on hwo to do this.

Hi @MrMouldy 

If you want a calculated column, you can try this formula

Column = CONCATENATEX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Project release date]=EARLIER('Table'[Project release date])),'Table'[Project ID],", ")

vjingzhanmsft_0-1713146452314.png

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @MrMouldy 

I'm trying to understand the logic. Is it a concatenation of all projects that, for example, begin on the first day of the month (if the project on the current row also starts on the first of the month)?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn

In the example,  
On the 1st Feb Projects PRJ001, PRJ002, PRJ005, PRJ006 and PRJ009 are deploying.  Those dates all clash with each other.  
While on the 3rd March Projects PRJ003, PRJ004, PRJ007, PRJ008 and PRJ010 are deploying and they all clash with each other.  

So I'd like a concatenation of all projects where the release date matches the current row, else return null. 

I'm 1000% it is a simple fix and i'm missing something obvious. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.