Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DataFun
Frequent Visitor

Calculate CSAT, NPS, & CES where not every response has a score associated with it

I am a new Power BI user.  I am trying to calculate CSAT, NPS, and CES in a single report page.  The challenge I have is not every survey response has a score for each of these items.  Where no score is given, the cell has the text "No Reply".  Specifically for NPS, I create a new column in Power BI that is type Whole Nunmber.  In this column, I assing a value of -100 to any NPS response of 1-6.  For 7-8, I assign a value of 0, and for 9-10 I assign a value of 100.  The problem I have, is the formula results in an error because it can't handle the text from the column with the survey response score.  I have tried using Power Query Editor to change the "No Reply" cells to 9999.  Back in Power BI, I can calculate the NPS that ignores the cells with a 9999 value by creating a page filter.  The page filter, however, affects other visualizations on the page.  I tried setting a filter just on the visualization, but I am unable to edit the filter. 

Is there a different/better way I could go about ignoring the cells that have the "No Reply" data in them?  I don;t want to remove thoise rows in my data as they may have other data related to CSAT or CES.  

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataFun
Frequent Visitor

I think I figured it out.  In my input data, if I transform the No Reply and set the value to null, I can set these values in my calculated column to Blank().  This appears to work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DataFun
Frequent Visitor

I think I figured it out.  In my input data, if I transform the No Reply and set the value to null, I can set these values in my calculated column to Blank().  This appears to work.

@DataFun 

Gald it worked for you,

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@DataFun 

Can you share some sample data with the desired output to have a clear understanding of your question?
Mention whether you want a calculated column or measure.
You can either paste your data in the reply box or save it in OneDrive, Google Drive, or any other cloud-sharing platform and share the link here.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

DataFun
Frequent Visitor

Here is an example of the data for NPS.  Since the rating/score given needs to be converted, I am using a calculated column.

NPS Score (In my Original Data Set)NPS Calc (Calculated Column)
1-100
No Reply9999
5-100
No Reply9999
3-100

The reason I chose 9999 for those with No Reply is I received an error of mismatched type, so I changed these to a number thinking I could filter them out.  For my NPS calculation I would consider the 10 other responses.  What I would expect as a result is:

Average (-100, 100, 100, 0, -100, 100, 100, 100, -100, 100) = 30 for NPS.

As mentioned, in Power BI I can set a page filter that correctly calculates this, but it also affects other visualizations on the page.  I tried to set a filter only on the visualization, but Power BI wouldn't allow me to set a filter at that level.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.