Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JamesA
Frequent Visitor

Bullseye Map

Can PBI maps (or an add-in I have not yet discovered) do Bullseye maps as follows:

SampleMapDataImage.png

This data shows 3 categories (the buckets) and 3 magnitudes all mapped to the same Lat/Long coordinates.

The data is:

BucketMagnitudeLatLong
A1,000,00033.61-101.821
B500,00033.61-101.821
C100,00033.61-101.821

I have not found a way to get around the pie chart symbol that typically appears on PBI maps.  Using conditional formatting will show the single highest or lowest color based on the rule configuration. (Note this may look similar to a heat map when zoomed in, but I am looking for indvidual locations when zoomed out vs a heat blob).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can use categories and size of bubbles in regular map visuals. Not sure about the Z order - you'll have to experiment how that is implemented (maybe by renaming the categories)

lbendlin_0-1663428623553.png

To get around the pie chart issue add a little wobble to your coordinates.

lbendlin_0-1663428780894.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can use categories and size of bubbles in regular map visuals. Not sure about the Z order - you'll have to experiment how that is implemented (maybe by renaming the categories)

lbendlin_0-1663428623553.png

To get around the pie chart issue add a little wobble to your coordinates.

lbendlin_0-1663428780894.png

Tested this and it works.  I'm still having an issue with the color order (when the map is zoomed out and there are more points in more locations, the lowest value bucket which appears in the center in the image above, appears the most and blocks other colors) but will experiment with Switch to add transparency to the colors.

Ah, interesting idea!  Will give it a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.