Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

BUG::Fabric semantic model not accessible from Power BI Desktop

Issue:  After creating and populating a lakehouse successfully, I can connect to it from Power BI Desktop by selecting Power BI semantic models in the Get data dropdown from the Home tab. Power BI Desktop version is December 2023 and I am using trial mode.

Here is the result after connection and selection of the lakehouse:

Screenshot 2024-02-15 034905.jpg

As you can see, the Data pane never populates and as a result, I can't drag and drop from the lakehouse tables.  This worked in a previous test with a different workspace and lakehouse.

However, click on Get data from another source -->, which is in the middle of the page when you start a new report, and you get this dialog:

Screenshot 2024-02-15 040240.jpg

Click Add a local model, and you get a dialog showing the lakehouse:

Screenshot 2024-02-15 040450.jpg

Select the lakehouse and click Submit... and nothing happens. Same result as before.

I also tried Get data-->More... and same result as well.  

What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. I found this way of resolving the issue:  Re: BUG or FEATURE???::DirectLake mode not support... - Microsoft Fabric Community  The link should take you to my post.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Almizu
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @Element115 ! That is perfect. Still had some issues in utilizing the SQL endpoint method, but was able to create a Semantic model with the Lakehouse and then connect that way. I have other workspaces that direct connect to the lakehouse tables, still not sure why this specific table was not working.

Almizu
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Has there been any feedback on this issue? I am noticing the same error with Power BI Desktop. I am using the February 2024 updated version.

Thank you!

Yes. I found this way of resolving the issue:  Re: BUG or FEATURE???::DirectLake mode not support... - Microsoft Fabric Community  The link should take you to my post.

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

This seems to be a Power BI Desktop issue. I'll move this to the Power BI forum

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.